Here's a few of mine, just to get the ball rolling:
Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum books:
I think the casting for 'One for the Money' was pure crap, to be honest. Katherine Heigl just wasn't in-your-face enough for Stephanie, and neither Morelli nor Ranger felt right to me.
- Joe Morelli: Joe Manganiello. He's not just hot, he can also do funny like nobody's business.
- Grandma: Betty White. See above about 'funny.' You could even get William Shatner to play one of her many geriatric beaux and there's a laugh riot waiting to happen right there.
- Stephanie's Mom: Lorraine Bracco.
- Alex Delaware: Noah Wyle. Definitely.
- Robin: Bryce Dallas Howard. That 'delicate redhead with a backbone' look is perfect.
Lawrence Block's Hit Man novels:
- Keller: Michael C. Hall. Yeah, it's typecasting, but he does the 'man at sea, without a tether' sort of thing in a way that's very fitting for Keller.
So, folks, who would you cast, and in what role?